Tuesday, December 11, 2007

How To Get Rid Of Phlegm In An 8 Month Old

The Puppet

If for a moment God would forget
that I am a rag doll
and give me a piece of life,
may not say everything I think,
but I would think everything I say.
would value things not for their worth,
but what they mean.
sleep little, dream more,
know that for each minute we close our eyes,
lose sixty seconds of light.
would walk when others hold
wake when others sleep.
listen when others talk,
and how to enjoy a good ice cream
of chocolate.
If God give me a piece of life,
dress simply, I would throw myself flat under the sun,
baring not only my body
but my soul.
God, if I had a heart,
write my hate on ice,
and wait for sunrise.
paint a Van Gogh dream
on the stars a poem Benedetti,
and a Serrat song would be the serenade
them to the moon.
with tears I would water roses,
to feel the pain of their thorns,
and the incarnated kiss of their petals ...
God, if I had a piece of life ...
would not let a day pass
without telling the people I love,
that I love.
convince each woman or man
that are my favorites
and live in love with love.
A would show men how wrong
are,
to think that they cease to love when
age,
without knowing aging
when they cease to love.
To a child I shall give wings,
but I would let him learn to fly.
A would teach the old that death
not come with old age but with forgetting.
So many things I learned from you,
men ...
I've learned that everyone wants to live
on top of the mountain,
Without knowing that true happiness
is on the way up the slope.
I've learned that when a newborn
squeezes his tiny fist
for the first time the finger of his father,
he has him trapped forever.
I learned that a man has the right
to look down on another
when it to help him up.
so many things I have learned from you,
but really have not much to serve,
because when I keep them within this suitcase,
unfortunately I will be dying.


GABRIEL GARCIA MARQUEZ

0 comments:

Post a Comment